Elite’s fully customized inpatient medical scribe training program – one of more than 30 medical scribe specialties offered – prepares scribes to play a vital role in your inpatient setting.
The inpatient environment is known for burdensome and extensive documentation requirements. Medical scribes in the inpatient setting can help by meticulously creating each patient’s H&P, thereby reducing staffing needs and documentation time for admitting clinicians.
Elite scribes further help by finishing all progress notes during rounds. With documentation needs met by an Elite scribe, clinicians are able to increase their patient capacity and overall efficiency as a result.
Elite scribes also assist in creating accurate and succinct discharge summaries. This is especially valuable in high volume facilities where details can get overlooked in the hustle and bustle of a busy day. Elite scribes ensure that nothing gets missed in an inpatient setting.
In addition, Elite’s specialty medical scribes provide beneficial Observation Unit documentation. Our scribes help with adhering to the “two midnight” rule and can assist with quick turnarounds in these time sensitive environments.
Elite medical scribes bring numerous benefits to an Inpatient setting, including:
- H&P - scribes are able to sit-in during admission to efficiently gather information
- Progress Notes - thoroughly maintained throughout duration of stay
- Assistance in coordinating with nurses, MA's, and technicians
- Discharge Summaries - accurate documentation of discharge plans and follow-up
- Updates to changes in patient status, requests, and consulting provider notes
- Improved documentation and proficiency throughout patient stay
- Improved Press Ganey and HCAHPS scores